Free Shipping on orders
$50 or more!
Hope Springs Gourmet Foods
Chunky Sloppy Joe's
1 LB. Lean Hamburger Meat
1/2 LG. Yellow Onion - Chopped
1/2 Med Green Bell Pepper - Chopped
1/2 Med. Yellow Bell Pepper - Chopped
2 TBLS. Butter
1 to 2 Cloves Garlic - Minced
1 TBLS. Hope Springs Gourmet Brazilian Café Dry Rub Spice Blend
1 TBLS. Hope Springs Gourmet Texas Branded Onion Spice Blend
1 TBLS. Mild Chile Powder
1 TBLS. Brown Sugar
4 oz. Tomato Paste
14.5 oz. Can Fire Roasted Chopped Tomato
4 to 6 TBLS. Worcestershire Sauce
8 oz. Water
Buns - Such as Ciabatta, Sour Dough or Artisan
1 TBLS Melted Butter - per bun
Frozen Tater Tots
Hope Springs Gourmet Green Chile Piñata Spice Blend
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In large skillet, melt 2 Tbls. butter on medium heat. Saute onion and bell peppers
until tender and remove from pan.
2. In same skillet, brown hamburger meat until done. Add onion and bell peppers back to pan.
3. Add garlic, Brazilian Café Dry Rub, Texas Branded Onion, Chile Powder, Brown Sugar and combine.
4. Stir in tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, worsteshire sauce, and water.
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes. Salt and Pepper to taste.
6. While mixture is simmering, brush melted butter on buns and place under broiler until toasted.
Cook tater tots in oil according to directions on package.
7. When tater tots are browned, remove to drain and dust with Green Chile Piñata and salt to taste.
Build your Chunky Sloppy Joe and ENJOY!
Rockin' the Boat
Fruit & Desserts
Soups, Stews , Chili's, Chowders & Broth-el's
Recipe of the Month!