Free Shipping on orders
$50 or more!
Hope Springs Gourmet Foods
Rockin' the Boat
Submitted by Sarah C.
1 lb Ground beef (I used 97/3)
1 medium Yellow Onion - chopped
1 medium Head Green Cabbage
1 - 14.5 oz can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 - 8 oz can of Tomato Sauce
2 C Beef Broth
2 Tbsp Hope Springs Fusion Italiano Spice Blend
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 C freshly grated Colby Jack Cheese
1. In a Dutch oven, or similarly sized pot, sauté chopped yellow onion with olive oil, salt,
and pepper over medium to medium-high heat.
2. As onions begin to sweat, add ground beef and sprinkle with Hope Springs Fusion Italiano.
Cook until beef is browned.
(I did not need to drain the meat after cooking because I used very lean ground beef.
If using fattier meat, wait to season until after you drain the browned meat and onion mixture.)
3. While meat is browning, coarsely chop the head of green cabbage.
Once beef is browned, add tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, and beef broth; stir to mix.
4. Add chopped cabbage to the pot and fold into the meat mixture.
On medium heat, simmer the mixture, stirring regularly until cabbage mixes well into the mixture.
Once the cabbage cooks into the mixture enough that the liquid comes to the
edge of the entire beef/cabbage mixture, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Sprinkle grated cheese on top, cover, and lightly simmer 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Serve and enjoy!
Fruit & Desserts
Soups, Stews , Chili's, Chowders & Broth-el's
Recipe of the Month!