Free Shipping on orders
$50 or more!
Hope Springs Zucchini Squash Boats
Submitted by Sarah C.
2 Med. Zucchini Squash
2 Med. Yellow Squash
1 lb. lean ground sirloin
1 TBLS Hope Springs Mexi-Fiesta Spice Blend
1 TBLS Hope Springs Sedona Garlic Spice Blend
1/2 Cup Each - chopped:
Yellow Bell Pepper
Orange Bell Pepper
Green Bell Pepper
Red Bell Pepper
1 Med. Pablano Pepper - roasted, peeled and chopped
1 16 oz. Can Red Enchilada Sauce
Click here for our homemade enchilada sauce recipe!
1 cup shredded Colby Jack Cheese or Mexican Blend
1. In skillet, cook beef, onion, and peppers seasoned with Mexi-Fiesta and Sedona Garlic spice blend.
2. When beef is cooked, drain grease.
3. Rinse and trim ends off of squash and cut in half lengthwise. Spoon out seeds to make a boat.
4. Spoon meat mixture in each squash boat.
5. Pour enchilada sauce in bottom of 9" x 13" baking dish.
6. Place squash boats in dish and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until squash starts to tender and cheese is melted.
Careful not to over cook squash.
Imagination Kit! May substitute cubed chicken or pork for beef.
Rockin' the Boat
Fruit & Desserts
Soups, Stews , Chili's, Chowders & Broth-el's
Recipe of the Month!