Hope Springs Gourmet Foods
Here's a recipe with this blend you may enjoy!
Saveur de France
Free Shipping on orders
$50 or more!
Click here for more delicious recipes!
Saveur de France Boullettes avec Épinards Pâtes
(French Meatballs with Spinach Pasta)
1 1/2 lb. Ground Lamb or Ground Beef (85% lean)
1/2 cup Hope Springs Gourmet Cheesy Potato Cracker Crumbs
2 Lg. Eggs - beaten
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
3 TBLS Onion or Green Onion – finely chopped
2 oz. Cheese such as Havarti, Provolone, Gouda – finely cubed or shredded
2 - 3 TBLS Hope Springs Gourmet Saveur de France Spice Blend
1 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1 Pkg. Spinach Fettuccine Pasta – cooked according to directions on pkg.
1 Med. Onion – quartered & sliced thin
8 oz. Mushrooms (preferably baby portabellas) – sliced thin
4 - 6 TBLS Butter or as needed
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 cup Flour
2 1/2 cups Beef Broth or homemade beef stock
1/2 cup Shiraz Wine or your favorite red wine
2 TBLS Tomato Paste
1 TBLS Hope Springs Gourmet Saveur de France Spice Blend
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Combine meat, crumbs, eggs, onion, and 1 1/2 TBLS Saveur de Francespice blend in large bowl. Gently fold in cheese.
2. Shape into 1 inch size meatballs
3. Place meatballs evenly on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake on 375 degree oven until lightly brown and cooked through. Approx. 20 to 25 minutes.
5. In large skillet, melt 2 TBLS butter, add sliced onions and cook on low heat until onions are translucent and caramelized.
Remove onions and set aside. Approx. 10 minutes.
6. In same skillet, melt 2 TBLS butter, add mushrooms and sprinkle with garlic powder. Cook until mushrooms are slightly brown.
Remove mushrooms and set aside.
7. In same skillet, using remaining juices from onion and mushrooms melt 2 TBLS butter (if needed). Add flour to make a roux.
Stir constantly to blend in flour and cook for 2 to 4 minutes on medium heat to remove flour taste.
8. Gently add beef stock, wine, tomato paste and Saveur de France blend and stir well.
9. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until lightly thickened - stirring constantly. Note: If sauce becomes to thick, add beef stock.
10. Add onions, mushrooms and cooked meatballs to the sauce.
11. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until heated through and flavors combined.
12. Serve over cooked & drained pasta, garnish with fresh cut parsley.
Saveur de France– The passions of France unite to bring you an EIFEL TOWER of flavors. A European blend of herbs that can only be described as in"SEINE"!
Uses: Oven roasted chicken, marinade, dry rub, seasoning for grilled meats, fish, vegetables, salad vinaigrette, olive oil dipping sauce or in infusion bags.
Contains: Thyme, Savory, Basil, and other proprietary blend of herbs. No MSG *SALT FREE
$7 Order here!