Hope Springs Tropical Baked Salmon and Rice
1 Full Fresh Salmon Filet – skin on/off to preference - room temperature
1 - 20 oz. Can Pineapple Rings - drained, reserving liquid
2 – 3 TBLS Hope Springs ISLAND PEAKS Spice Blend
2 - 3 TBLS Sliced or Slivered Almonds - toasted
8 oz. White or Baby Portabella Mushrooms - sliced
1 Cup Frozen Broccoli Florets - Thawed and chopped
Juice of 1/2 Fresh Lemon
1 Cup White Rice
2 TBLS butter
2 TBLS Olive Oil
Green Onion - sliced
1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
2. Place Pineapple rings in baking pan sprayed with olive oil. Pat dry Salmon filet and place on top of Pineapple rings.
3. Brush Salmon and Pineapple with Olive Oil and season liberally with
Hope Springs Island Peaks Spice Blendand set aside.
4. Toast Almond slices in bare large skillet on high heat, stirring often. This only takes just a moment. Remove from heat.
5. Sauté Mushrooms in butter and olive oil.
6. In medium pot bring total of 2 cups water, pineapple juice and lemon juice to boil. Add 1 TBLSIsland Peaks Spice Blendand Rice.
Stir, cover and reduce heat to simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff rice.
7. When mushrooms are done, drain any remaining liquid and add broccoli to pan.
Turn off heat. Add cooked rice and garnish with toasted almonds and green onion.
8.While rice is cooking, place Salmon in oven and bake approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until desired doneness.
May broil last couple minutes for extra caramelizing.
Serve and enjoy!
Imagination Kit! Try using other Hope Springs Spice Blends such as Poly Peppercorn & Garlic, Cajun Nouveau, or Chesapeake Bayside.
Island Peaks– A mildly spiced blend which brings out all the flavors of a tropical island pico de gallo (peaks). The sweet fruity flavors combine with just a hint of heat; providing a delicious savory addition to your favorite fish, chicken or pasta.
Uses: Fish, Chicken, Fruit Salsa, Pasta Salads, Rice, Noodles, Ceviche
Contains: Mango, Pineapple, Jalapeño and proprietary blend of herbs and spices. No MSG *SALT FREE
$7 Order here!
Free Shipping on orders
$50 or more!
Here's a recipe with this blend you may enjoy!
Hope Springs Gourmet Foods
Click here for more delicious recipes!