Copyright © 2013 - 2023 Hope Springs Enterprises, LLC · All Rights Reserved
Hope Springs Gourmet Foods
Free Shipping on orders
$50 or more!
Green Chile Piñata– This decorative blend of southwest flavors is pleasing to the taste and sure to elevate your dishes. A must have for the Green Chile lover hiding in all of us!
Uses: Burgers, Meatloaf, Casseroles, Soups, Stews, Chili, Sauces, Hummus
Contains: Green Chile, Onion, Garlic, Cumin, Green Chile Sea Salt and proprietary blend of herbs and spices. No MSG
$7 Order here!
Click here for more delicious recipes!
Green Chile Piñata
Hope Springs Piñata Pot Roast
2 to 3 LB. Top Sirloin or Chuck Roast
1/2 LG. Yellow Onion - Sliced
1/2 Med Green Bell Pepper - Sliced
1/2 Med. Yellow Bell Pepper - Sliced
1/2 Med. Red Bell Pepper - Sliced
2 - 4 TBLS. Vegetable or Olive Oil
2 Cups Brewed Coffee (May use instant coffee dissolved in hot water)
1 TLBS Garlic Powder
2 TBLS. Hope Springs Gourmet Green Chile Piñata Spice Blend
1 to 2 Dry Bay Leaf
2 to 4 TBLS Cornstarch
2 to 4 TBLS Hope Springs Hatch Green Chile Dip Mix
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In large dutch oven or oven proof pot, heat oil on medium high heat.
2. Brown Roast on all sides.
3. Season with garlic powder and Green Chile Piñata Spice Blend.
4. Add brewed coffee.
5. Add enough water to cover roast.
6. Add Bay leaf and cover.
7. Cook in 350 degree oven for 3 hours.
8. Slice onion and bell peppers
9. Add onion and bell peppers to roast pot and cook 1 more hour.
10. Remove roast, onion and peppers from pot. Discard Bay leaves.
11. Heat pot on medium heat on stove top.
12. AddHatch Green Chile Dip Mixand stir.
13. Dissolve corn starch in small amount of water.
14. When liquid in pot starts to simmer, add cornstarch liquid and still to make gravy.
Serve with mashed potatoes and corn seasoned with Green Chile Piñata Spice Blend.
Note: Green Chile flavor is mild. For more robust Chile flavor, add chopped green chilies.
Leftover ideas, if you have any!
Combine chopped roast, onions and peppers and roll in flour tortillas to make burritos.
Chop roast, onion, peppers and add to gravy. Heat through and serve over cooked rice, cornbread or mashed potatoes.
Here's a recipe with this blend you may enjoy!