Click here for more delicious recipes!
Cajun Nouveau– Take a culinary trip to the Mardi Gras with this festive blend of Cajun spices. Your dishes will have a carnival of flavors in every bite!
Uses: Pork, Chicken, Fish, Gumbo, Jambalaya, Soups,
Contains: Cayenne, Paprika, Garlic and proprietary blend of herbs and spices. No MSG *LOW SALT
$7 Order here!
Hope Springs Gourmet Foods
Free Shipping on orders
$50 or more!
Here's a recipe with this blend you may enjoy!
Hope Springs Cajun Nouveau Lasagna
1 Lg. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
1/2 lb. lb. Medium Shrimp - deveined and with out tails
1 link or 6 oz. Andouille Sausage - sliced and cut in quarter pieces
3 TBLS Hope Springs CAJUN NOUVEAU Spice Blend
8 oz. Fresh Mushrooms - sliced
(may substitute large canned mushrooms - drained)
1/2 each Yellow, Orange & Red Bell Pepper - diced
1/2 yellow onion - diced
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
2 to 4 TBLS Butter
2 to 4 TBLS Olive Oil
24 oz. Jar of your favorite Marinara or Homemade Sauce
8 oz. Jar of your favorite Alfredo or Homemade Sauce
14 oz. Canned Fireroasted Diced Tomatoes
8 oz. Shredded Italian 6 Cheese Blend
8 oz. Shredded Parmesan & Romano Cheese Blend
4 oz. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
6 pieces Lasagna Pasta
3 - 4 Green Onions - sliced
1. Season, to taste, cubed chicken withCajun Nouveau Spice Blendand set aside.
2. Rinse and pat dry shrimp and season Cajun Nouveau Spice Blendand set aside.
3. Keep sausage set aside, for now, no need to season unless desired.
4. In large sauce pan, combine pasta & alfredo sauces with diced tomatoes and blend with 1 to 2 TBLS Cajun Nouveaublend or to taste.
Cook on med/low heat until sauce is blended, stirring often.
5. In large skillet, melt 1 TBLS butter and 1 TBLS olive oil on medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender and brown.
Remove mushrooms and add to sauce.
6. In same skillet, sauté bell peppers and onions until tender. (May add more butter or olive oil if needed) Remove and add to sauce.
7. In same skillet sauté corn, and season with Cajun Nouveau Spice Blend. (May add more butter if needed). Remove and add to sauce.
8. In same skillet add cubed seasoned chicken and cook until chicken is cooked fully. Add to sauce.
9. In same skillet, sauté seasoned shrimp until cooked through and pink in color. Add to sauce.
10. In same skillet, add cut sausage and cook until brown and slightly crispy. (May add more olive oil if needed) Add to sauce.
Note: You will want to reserve the dipping in the skillet after cooking each batch for the next. This will help combine flavors!
11. Cook lasagna pasta according to directions on package.
12. In 9" X 13" baking dish, spray with non stick olive oil. Place 3 cooked pasta's in bottom of dish. Spread evenly 1/2 of cajun sauce,
and sprinkle evenly with Italian 6 cheese blend and 1/2 pkg. parmesan / romano cheese blend.
13. Repeat layers with remaining pasta, cajun sauce and top with remaining parmesan / romano and parmesan cheeses.
14. Bake in 350 degree oven until bubbling and cheese has melted. Set on broil for last few minutes to brown top. Remove from oven.
15. Sprinkle top with sliced green onions.
Let set 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Freezes well!
Great served with Spring Mix Salad using Hope Springs Salad Dressings from Dip Mixes and Hope Springs Easy Tomato & Parmesan Crostini (recipe)
NOTE: This Cajun sauce is thick and may also be served as a stew over rice!